Monday, July 12, 2010

Homage to famous Pittsburghers

Homage to Rachel Carson
Homage to August Wilson
The first layouts for a print series where I pay homage to famous Pittsburghers were completed in November 2009. My photographs and my electronic alterations to my photographs are the media. What I would consider an original version using 4 images per piece, was shown, "honorably mentioned" in Pittsburgh Society of Artists "Small Works" exhibit, written about and sold at Borelli Edwards Gallery in Pittsburgh in April 2010.
Last week I picked up the first run of a small digitally printed edition, featuring 9 images in each print more like the scope of my first layouts. I want this group to be more in the "poster" department and less fine-arty but I want the print quality to be very high. I will not limit the run, or number the prints, as you would for a silkscreen, a stone lithograph or an etching, but they are very high quality prints.
Here are the first two images, copyright 2010 by Carol Skinger
Kurt Shaw's review of "Small Works" has an explanation for the images I choose to put together in each homage.
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/ae/museums/s_677507.html

I donated a framed copy of Homage to August Wilson to the newly renovated East Liberty Public Library in September 2010

No comments: